Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sweeping away 2011

Well everyone, another year has come and gone and we have a brand new year to look forward too. I learned a lot in 2011 and I am certain 2012 is not going to be anything different.  I am always open to new ideas, creations, art, literature, music, food  and the list will go on and on.  Like every year resolutions will be made and broken ( diets, weight-loss ) but the important thing is I try .

I would love to share with you a card I made that resembled me this year and here she is Housework Fairy available in rubbah over at Stamping Bella. Isn't she simple dazzling in her cleaing outfit and duster heheh, yep this was pretty much me this year.  Honestly, when I had a full time job I really don't know how I did it all, I am so beat at the end of the day from all the things I do around the house.  This weekend I watched the new movie of Sarah Jessica Parker called  I don't Know How she does it and it was really good, if you haven't seen it I recomment you watch it cause it is the life of women.



I'm  getting carried away here, let me get back into the card.  This is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square card and I colored her with copics and Prisma Pencil Crayons.  I wanted to add a couple of detail to each corner so I dazzled it with BLING and Lace to match her dress.

Next years challenges are going to be a lot of fun.  Based on the comments  you sistahs sent Lindabella it was obvious you love Sketches and we have half the year with super awesome layouts for all of you to participate in.  Lets take a look at the first Sketch for 2012 which will be due on the 12th of January, so no excuses cause you still have plenty of time to finish it and email it to EMILY.

Wishing everyone a wonderful year of fun, excitement and creativity !!!


7 comments:

Leslie said...

She's perfect Ebru! You did a fantastic job colouring and I love the bit of lace in the top corner! Am super excited about all the sketches to come - I've already got my first one done!

Dana White said...

Oh Ebru she is FABULOUS!! LOVE the colouring, shading and bling in the corner. Looking forward to seeing all your creations in 2012!!

Steph said...

Ha ha!! Definately great minds thinking alike!!! I LOVE the colours you've chosen for this, Ebru!! Gorgeous!! And as ever, beautiful colouring!! Love the glitz too! x

Crafty Cath said...

ACK! The colors you chose are so darn GORGEOUS! I could look at this all day! So vibrant and full of flair.

Crafty Cath said...

ACK! The colors you chose on this are GORGEOUS. I mean seriously this little fairy is so vibrant and full of life! I'm in love!

Cam Grant said...

This is such a lovely card and she definitely has come to life with your colouring. I'm sure not this happy when I'm dusting ;o)

Wishing you another year full of wonderful experiences : )

paula tracy williamson said...

So...how did I miss this?? I don't know, but this is freaking OUTSTANDING my friend. Ohhhh, I am loving the colors you chose. now send the cleaning fairy to my house, ok? hehe

Linked Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin