Sunday, February 20, 2011

A little Bit of Coco Chanel - Mixed Media Art on Canvas

After seeing Emily's superb artwork on Canvas, I was fully inspired to create my very own.  
Ever since I was little, fashion always fascinated me one way or another.  I remember sketching fashion models with the latest and the greatest styles of my time. Looking back, I wish I kept all those old sketches.

As you will notice, Red dominates my mixed media art work.  My favorite colors happen to be red, black and White and I tried to incorporate that color palette onto my work. Also in my opinion these colors are classics and will never fade. I just love this quote by Coco Chanel " Fashion Fades, only Style remains the same " and how true this is.



Moving along to the details of my creation. The canvas size I used was 12 by 14 inches and I covered it completely with the 7 gypsies 6 x 6 paper pack called collection from the Journey.  If you look closely to the center of the canvas, you will notice a young lady sitting in a red chair drinking a cup of coffee or tea. This image was from a Scrapbooking magazine, and I applied the image transfer technique to place it on to the canvas.  I must warn you this technique gets a little messy. On the left hand side, I used stamp stickers from K& CO to give it a border look. I also used the Fashion Doll set from quick Kutz to create the sizzling model in the black and white outfit.  I finally finished it off with some more images from Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz distress Inks.  

I hope I covered all the details.  I also hope this will inspire you to give Mixed media Art on Canvas a try. Thanks for dropping by and have a great week everyone !!!!

No comments:

Linked Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin