Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh what a Gift it Turned Out to Be

Like I mentioned in my last post, this weeks Bellarific Friday Tutorial is simply filled with amazing techniques and products.  This weeks challenge was to create a gift or a gift card so I simply opted to alter a  wooden box I purchased from the dollar store. I must mentioned this was not a quick and easy project, it took time to construct the idea and of course painting it was not a walk in the park.


The image I decided to use on my box is Theo gives a Prezzie  which is available at Stampingbella. You will notice I have taken out the present portion of the stamp and just used the teddy bear instead.  The designer paper on top of the box is from Tim Holtz Lost and Found Idea-ology pack.  In addition, I used distress inks to color the large flower and added feathers and bling to give it extra pazaaz. The hinges and the hardware used on the box were removed from another dollar store box and used on this one.  I love to improvise and use whatever I can find around the house on my creations.  The feet underneath were purchased from Michaels and they are the 1" candle cups. 




I initially coved the box with white Gesso and then used two shades of acrylic green paint to give it more detail and depth.  Just sit back and enjoy the tutorial and I hope you will enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it.  









Next weeks challenge is an awesome sketch done by our sweet Paulineabella and that will be the last challenge for 2010.  Lets end the year with a bomb of entries so here is the sketch...

5 comments:

Dana White said...

WOW what an amazing project!!

Cam Grant said...

omg! Amazing gift box. It's simply beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Crafty Cath said...

Girlfriend you sure put alot of work into this projecct! Painting, changing hardware, adhering - new "feet" and a cute little bear to boot. Dang, this is one awesome gift box! Why does Christmas always come so fast? Even with the best intentions I won't have time to make one of these before the big day!

Debican said...

What an amazing job on this gift box. It is so lovely. Hugs, Debi

paula tracy williamson said...

Man, you did all that work and tucked that little bear in there too. It's a beautiful gift!!

Linked Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin